My first post as an official personal trainer. It feels good! All the hard work I've put in for the last year has paid off! I promise to try my best to post an update once a week now that I have my Tuesday and Thursday nights free from class.
I want to share an amazing recipe website for low carb dishes that I ran into while trying to make more interesting meals for dinner.
Low Carb Delicious Recipes
This women has compiled each recipe that she has found and tried in the categories of snacks, soup, salads, main dishes, side dishes, breads and desserts. She gives each recipe a star rating of her opinion of the dish, which has helped decide which ones to make. I've made 8 of the main dishes and side dishes and they have all been delicious. I would recommend SALSA CHICKEN, ENCHILADA CHICKEN, BROILED TILAPIA PARMESAN, MEATY EGGPLANT LASAGNA, TACO BAKE, CABBAGE ROLL PIE, CABBAGE AND ONIONS, BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON, and MEXICAN "RICE".
I was just looking at the dessert section and I may have to try one of those today. I did notice that in many of the desserts they call for Splenda. I would recommend using Truvia instead because it's a natural sweetener, where Splenda is chemically processed and will spike your insulin like I discussed in my previous post. (I made the MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE tonight and it was delicious. I would definitely recommend trying it!)
What have I learned since starting this new lifestyle of limiting grain carbohydrates? It's absolutely amazing what you can make without them. I always thought I would miss them until I started making delicious meals that made vegetables interesting. It's been about 6 weeks and I don't crave them anymore!
Look through the website and give a few of the dishes a try and please let me know which ones you recommend. You will not be disappointed!
Next post: What are the benefits of working with a personal trainer?
No comments:
Post a Comment